Dog Parks are a great way to let your canine pal socialize with other dogs and get some much needed exercise… it’s like a canine version of happy hour! Here are a few tips to ensure you and Rex will be invited back to the Dog Park:
- Always observe the rules posted at the park.
- Never leave your dog unattended.
- Make sure your dog is current on his/her shots and has a valid license.
- Toys and treats are best left behind as not all dogs ‘share’ well.
- Don’t allow your dog to ‘hump’ or dominate other dogs or people.
- Spayed / neutered animals are recommended.
- If your dog becomes unruly or plays rough, leash him and leave immediately.
- Always clean up after your dog. Most parks will have waste bags and disposal bins to make it very easy. This is a primary reason dog parks get complaints, so pay attention to the ’poop’.